What's new in 2022 from 2021?
- Badge has been upgraded
- We're also shipping a dedicated SAO - the Rockling
- We're also shipping a party button SAO
What changed in the badge?
- New form factor. 2022 is a tux. 2021 badge was a rectangle.
- Eyeball upgrade. 2022 has a single large display. 2021 had two smaller screens.
- Screens are no longer push button. 2021 screens doubled as push buttons, but this was mechanically fragile and a bit dodgy, so we removed that for 2022.
- Reset belly button. 2021 had only the reset button on the ESP32 which was hard to get to.
What is the Rockling SAO?
The Swagbadge supports the SAO (Simple Add-On) connector format, allowing you to chain PCBs together. We are supplying the Rockling, (called so because it's in the shape of a fish (for Tux to eat) and because it really rocks 🎵) which has sound processing on board, and an FPGA.
Whether you're into FPGAs, or theremins or some other audio work, the Rockling is for you.
Designed by Steph Piper, it's a DIY assembly party button to practice soldering with, that can be run standalone or powered by the Swagbadge. And it is delightful.