The first 200 people to register for the virtual LCA 2021 conference will receive, as part of their registration, a Swag Badge!
No ordinary badge, this one is full of extensible, open hardware, ready to be loaded up with whatever software and hardware takes your fancy!
The open hardware miniconf team are putting together a badge that will be:
- a custom-designed, super slick PCB
- powered by an ESP32 which gives us wifi and bluetooth connectivity
- a delightful display (OLED)
- ... which doubles as a button
- with a number of SAO connection points so you can extend and add on your own hardware componentry
- ready for development with microPython
It will be posted out before Christmas so you'll have your badge before LCA even begins, and a stunning memento of your participation in the conference in 2021. We will definitely ship to Australian participants. It's not known yet if we can cover international registrants.
Actual hardware specifications are still being worked out: stay tuned.