The first 300 people who sign up for the virtual LCA 2021 conference will receive, as part of their registration, a Swag Badge! (until we run out of stock) Please note: The badge will be only available to Australian participants, due to the cost and delay of shipping internationally.
No ordinary badge, this one is full of extensible, open hardware, ready to be loaded up with whatever software and hardware takes your fancy!
The open hardware miniconf team are putting together a badge that will be:
- a custom-designed, super slick PCB
- powered by an ESP32 which gives us wifi and bluetooth connectivity
- not one, but two delightful displays (OLED)
- ... which doubles as buttons
- ready for development with microPython,
- supported by an open sourced embedded network framework, the Aiko Engine!
- with a number of SAO connection points so you can extend and add on your own hardware componentry
We plan to post the badges before Christmas so you'll have your badge before LCA even begins, and a stunning memento of your participation in the conference in 2021.
But wait, there's more! In the true spirit of LCA, we want the capacity of the badge to be truly open. We'll be following up with more information about how you can join in with other swaggerbadgers to build out ideas for doing wonderful, magnificant, incredible... stuff! <your idea here> ... with the SAO headers.
Follow along with the work from the OHMC team as we prepare, plan, design and build your badges. We'll be putting in updates here from time to time.
Want to stay in touch? We hang out on Twitter at @swagbadge2021